Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Salopettes or Overtrousers?

Stani49 - on 26 Feb 2013
The kit noob is back!

A question- salopettes. I was wondering whether anyone could advise. Reading manufacturers websites is always misleading as they seem to assume you know what you need already.

I went Scottish Winter climbing at the weekend (and had an awesome first time in Scotland) and brought some of the cheap Regatta waterproof trousers. Similar design to a normal trouser, but baggy and waterproof, and very compact. I found it really hard to get them on over my boots and crampons and ended up leaving them off. When we were practicing ice axe arrests on steep ground, I found myself cutting my chest as the hard snow lifted up my coat and cut me.

My guide suggested getting some Salopettes as they are better in the snow.
I was just wondering whether they are better or whether I just need a different form of overtrouser? Would you use them in the UK only or do you use them all over? Any thoughts? Any type in particular I need
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums