/ Lurcher's Crag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ag17 - on 27 Feb 2013
Just wondering if anybody knows what the conditions are like at Lurcher's Crag at the moment and what can be expected for the weekend. I'm particularly interested in Central Gully.
Andy Nisbet - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to ag17:

I think it will be good, alhough I haven't seen it.
pass and peak - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to ag17:
I was on it on the 4th and it was good then, I can only imagine it getting better since then, unless its chopped to bits of course. Buts there's some other unlisted routes either side of it which were in good nick as well so you have plenty of options
george mc - on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to ag17:
Was over that way on Sunday (climbing on Sron Na Larig). Conditions on Sron were Ok but the warm day time temperatures were obviously starting to have an effect. There was a ice on Lucrhers but compared to what I saw a week earlier it's also starting to suffer from the warm sunny daytime temperatures - with the ice looking grey rather than the blue of a week previous.

You can see the ice on Lurchers crag (using binoculars) from the junction at the Old Bridge Inn.
rif on 27 Feb 2013
In reply to ag17:
Did R/h Icefall on Saturday and conditions were OK: a dribble of water running under the first pitch but fine higher up. There was at least one party further right, I think on Central not North though I wouldn't swear to it.
ads.ukclimbing.com
di gilbert - on 27 Feb 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.