/ Font 5+6 7+8 App

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
obi-wan nick b - on 28 Feb 2013
Scuse my ignorance of such things - I have downloaded the above App but what have I got? Have I downloaded the database onto my phone or merely access to it so I would require 3g/wifi in the depths of the forest if I'm going to access that data whilst climbing?
northy1983 - on 28 Feb 2013
In reply to obi-wan nick b: where did u download it from, i want it
craig1983 - on 28 Feb 2013
In reply to obi-wan nick b:

I don't have it, but I would imagine it'll use 3G/wifi to access its database.

I've got the free Apremont version.

It basically just lists the problems in each area - no links back to bleau.info and no maps for the areas. The only useful thing it can do is list problems in a certain grade range or style (arete, slab, etc).

You really need the book to accompany it though if you don't know your way around.
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

PS. The app does download the database onto the device so no internet access is required later - Just to do updates.
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: Many thanks - I hoped that was the case
Durbs on 28 Feb 2013

iPhone only... mutter mutter mutter...
In reply to Durbs:

I downloaded it on the iPad. Being an Android phone user myself, I definitely don't feel left out. It's had about 5 minutes use max when I first downloaded it. I didn't find it particularly useful, it could be great with some maps and GPS co-ords though.
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: I'm rather hoping it's under development and these things will follow in time

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.