ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ein Fara in Palestine, West Bank.

Simon Cardy on 08 Mar 2013
Well done UKC for recently recognising that the crag Ein Fara is in-fact in the Palestinian Occupied Territories and not in Israel see : http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=12148

A number of international climbing web sites documenting climbing sites world wide have this crag down as being in Israel which is factually incorrect. This crag is located in the Palestinian Occupied Territories in the West Bank. Access is accessible via the colony (settlement) at Almon (Anatot) and is restricted. The settlement and the 'nature reserve' in which sits the cliff, is illegally run by the Israel National Parks Authority (INPA) which is not recognised under international law. Settlements are illegal under international law and breach the Fourth Geneva Convention. The land owned by a Paletinian Yassin al-Rifa’i and his family - whose lands have been taken over by the settlement of Anatot (also called Almon). There have been regular reports that the settlers of Anatot have abused the family for years; in repeated attacks, they uproot trees, block water sources, steal agricultural equipment and harass and attack the farmers attempting to reach their lands. Attention is drawn to the international climbing community that this regionally important crag is at the centre of an ethnic cleansing and human tragedy.

... not showing 41 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums