/ Where to climb in the USA July/August

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Eddie1234 - on 17 Mar 2013
It looks like I'm off over the pond with work in the next few weeks and should have some chance to do a bit of climbing. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere with great climbing that wont be too hot in July/August? I've not really got any preference as to what style of climbing to do out there so any suggestions from bouldering to multipitch trad are welcome.
altirando - on 17 Mar 2013
In reply to Eddie1234: My daughter, who lives in California, loves the Mt Shasta area.
alpinebisou - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:
toulumne / high sierra.
squamish (canada)
Minneconjou Sioux - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:

You might want to be a little more specific about where exactly you are going. It's a big place.
ddriver - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux:
> (In reply to Eddie1234)
>
> You might want to be a little more specific about where exactly you are going. It's a big place.

THIS
tommytuffa - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:
Check out the Incredible Hulk
Jonny2vests - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:

At that time of year, head North; Washington, Idaho, Montana, Squamish. Or you could go high, Tetons, Sierras, Rockys. Stay away from places like J-Tree, Yosemite (except Tuolumne), Red Rocks etc, you will melt.

Hard to say more without more detail.
SarahMoore86 - on 21 Mar 2013
Lander, Wyoming is fantastic: Ten Sleep and Wild Iris are really popular
redsonja - on 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Jonny2vests: I'd second the tetons
Robert Durran - on 21 Mar 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:
> City of Rocks, Idah. A wonderland a bit like J Tree, but nowhere near as hot and imo better. Shade always available. The Elephant's perch further north in the Sawtooths is brilliant if you are up to the grades. The wind Rivers in wyoming are awesome for semi-alpine rock of all grades.
ads.ukclimbing.com
simondgee - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Robert Durran:
second wind rivers....moquitoes can be a bastard and the cirque is just awesome...beats waiting to get a permit i the rmnp.
pinnacles good too
and if you are near tahoe as a stop off lovers leap is spectular

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.