/ Wiggins in Catalunya

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Minneconjou Sioux - on 18 Mar 2013

As an enthusiastic newbie I've got to ask......how will he do?

What are the expectations out there?
Rigid Raider - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux:

Oh... does this mean it wasn't Wiggo who I saw yesterday riding near Clitheroe?
outtathaway - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux: Well I imagine like last year with Paris-Nice etc. he'll be entering to win it. That's Team sky's strategy, enter a select few races and go out to win them. He'll be favourite but there a few good riders who have entered, Evans, Scarponi, Hesjedal, Rodriguez and Valverde. It should be good.
Chris the Tall - on 18 Mar 2013
Should be an interesting race, and, as has been said, Sky seem to believe in winning races rather than simply using them as training sessions - Porte at Paris-Nice, Froome at Oman and (almost) Tirreno Adriatico.

If you an enthusiastic newbie can I reccomend a couple of things. Firstly Twitter is a great way of following races - just follow Team Sky, Inner Ring, David Millar etc. For example, Millar was tweeting pics during the bus bit of yesterdays MSR, which was quite amusing.

Secondly these guys do excellant and very interesting podcasts - http://velocastcc.squarespace.com/

(and thanks to whoever it was, Rubbishy or Enty I expect, who suggested that last year)
Minneconjou Sioux - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Thanks. I've got the tweet thing. The only problem was that the race was being shown over here at a later time and I didn't want to know the outcome so didn't look.

It'll be the same for Catalunya with the highlights on tonight (for this stage).
stouffer on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to Minneconjou Sioux: Ooh thanks for reminding me, just tuned into Eurosport with 15k to go!
G Graham - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to stouffer:
Does anyone know of any way of getting cycling coverage (even highlights) over the internet in Canada? I don't mind paying, but i can't seem to get Eurosport or any other online cycling coverage. Please help before the Giro!
stouffer on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to G Graham: steephill.tv often have links for post race videos of the last few km of races and/or live coverage, with photos, reports etc.
In reply to stouffer:
Thanks, I've seen that website but I'm wary of clicking links without knowing what I'm clicking. I recently had my email hacked. Have you ever had a problem with the website?
stouffer on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to G Graham: Nope but I'm mainly doing it at work;-)

I think it's a pretty well known site, no more risk there than anywhere else I'd expect.

There's a video of the last km and a bit for today's stage, it says Eurosport but is just a link to YouTube so you shouldn't have any problems watching it. Comes complete with the usual Eurosport commentating gaff.
tim000 - on 18 Mar 2013
In reply to G Graham: never had a problem with steep hill.
In reply to tim000:
Thanks for your help guys, I'll check it out.
Minneconjou Sioux - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to G Graham:
> (In reply to stouffer)
> Does anyone know of any way of getting cycling coverage (even highlights) over the internet in Canada? I don't mind paying, but i can't seem to get Eurosport or any other online cycling coverage. Please help before the Giro!

It is pretty well represented on the mainstream sports channels. I'm assuming by your post that you don't expect to be able to access these?
link - on 19 Mar 2013

I think the Giro organisers (RCS?) have a stream direct from their website. For other races Steephill.tv is a go-to but the feeds can sometimes be a bit sporadic. In the UK ITV usually covers the Tour and the Vuelta and have highlights programs online.
Chris the Tall - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to link:
I'm very disappointed that none of the terrestrial broadcasters have picked up the giro this year. Bet it would cost the bbc a tiny fraction of what they spend on formula one. Which is the better choice for a public service - encouraging people to get on their bikes or to drive faster ?

Really pissed off that I can no longer get Eurosport news on my TV either, looks like they've terminated their agreement with Sony
link - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

I think its to do with RCS only selling the rights to one company. I believe ITV4 wanted to show it last year but were unable to.
Minneconjou Sioux - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to link:

Not sure if we should start another thread to discuss results but it looks like Wiggins is going for this?
andy - on 19 Mar 2013
> (In reply to link)
>
> Not sure if we should start another thread to discuss results but it looks like Wiggins is going for this?

yes please - can you head it SPOILER too?

ta
ads.ukclimbing.com
Sir Chasm - on 19 Mar 2013
In reply to andy: In case a thread titled "Wiggins in Catalunya" shocks and surprises you by mentioning how Wiggins is doing in Catalunya?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.