/ Canon G11 case reccommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
steveB - on 24 Mar 2013
Can anyone reccommend (from experience) a decent quality well specified case that suits the Canon G10/ G11?

Cheers.
Alex Ekins - on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB:
I have got one of these, my G12 fits really well - http://fstopgear.com/product/digi-buddy
Mr. K - on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB: There was a UKC thread a while back on suitable cases for the G series, someone went and tried loads out in a shop and settled on a particular lens case as the best fit. I got a budget foreign copy of that lens case off of eBay for my G12 and it's done me proud - hangs off my harness Winter climbing without any issues. I can get the model of the case for you if you like?
a lakeland climber on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB:

I've got a Lowepro supercompact case - forget the actual model name but it's for the larger compacts such as the G11. Done me fine.

ALC
rif on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB: maybe the larger version of this?
http://www.aiguillealpine.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_C011
I've had the smaller version for ages and am very happy with it: no sign of wearing out, and far more waterproof than my partner's Lowepro compact case.
aldo56 - on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Mr. K: I'd be interested in that for my G12 Mr K?
Alex Slipchuk on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB: I have a g9, I use the canon leather hardish case under my jacket when climbing and keep the whole case in a dry bag when not. I find that easier to access.
due - on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB:

My G10 goes in a Lowepro Apex 60. Room for spare battery and memory card, plus there is a rain cover that tucks away
Dispater on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to steveB:

Cheapo faux leather one off eBay has done me splendidly. Has a pocket on the side that takes a spare battery and SD card.
Mr. K - on 09 Apr 2013
In reply to aldo56: Had to order another case as I've torn the lid on mine. It lasted hanging off the back of my harness for two years of Summer, Winter and Alpine climbing which I'm more than happy with! eBay item number 230954067634. =o)
Tall Clare - on 09 Apr 2013
In reply to steveB:

My G9 lives in a little Crumpler case so sturdy I wouldn't worry too much if it fell off a crag. Not so slimline, mind...
Solaris - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to steveB:

I've got an old CCS bag that works OK, but is tight and too small if I use the Canon strap.

I'm looking for a replacement bag that's slightly bigger but why, oh why isn't it possible - so far as my searches have led me - to buy a bag that has a velcro closure that can be operated with one hand?
Mark Bull - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Solaris:

> I've got an old CCS bag that works OK, but is tight and too small if I use the Canon strap.

Me too!

> I'm looking for a replacement bag that's slightly bigger but why, oh why isn't it possible - so far as my searches have led me - to buy a bag that has a velcro closure that can be operated with one hand?

I'd love to know if you find one!

Tall Clare - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Mark Bull:

My Crumpler case - a Pretty Boy XXS iirc - has a velcro closure that can be operated with one hand. As I said above, it's not slimline though.
Mark Bull - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

> My Crumpler case - a Pretty Boy XXS iirc - has a velcro closure that can be operated with one hand. As I said above, it's not slimline though.

Is it quite well padded?
Mr. K - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Solaris:
> I'm looking for a replacement bag that's slightly bigger but why, oh why isn't it possible - so far as my searches have led me - to buy a bag that has a velcro closure that can be operated with one hand?

Have a look at the eBay case I mentioned further up - It's got a zip closure that's easy to open and close with one hand. =o)
Solaris - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Mr. K and others:

Thanks all. The Crumpler Pretty Boy is a helpful steer (thanks, Clare) - I was sure I'd seen a velcro closure model in the past on their website but when I looked today, I couldn't see it. Time to buy!
In reply to Solaris:

This site says they don't have any in stock but it does have some reasonably detailed pictures of the case - and that shoulder strap is removable, leaving a loop where you can attach a bit of string that you also attach to your camera (if you want to do that sort of thing). The back velcro closure (for a belt loop) is really strong so I've used mine with a karabiner slid under that, quite securely.

http://www.memorycardzoo.com/1588/Crumpler/Pretty-Boy-220-XXS-%28camera-bag%29/Black-Olive-or-Beige/
In reply to Tall Clare:

Oh and there's also a plastic buckle closure but you don't need to use that, the velcro is more than adequate!
Mark Bull - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Thanks!

sheep - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to steveB:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silva-55077-Compass-Case--/dp/B000KMBVVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=13657591...

I've been using one of those for a few years now.

It's quite a snug fit but it does the job.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Solaris - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Thank you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.