HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Cheaper gear Legally. Blog post

Itís not that I donít trust technology itís just that most of the time I donít understand it. Itís the pace of change that gets to me. Just when I think Iíve mastered one thing it moves on and I find myself running after it like Iím chasing some ever accelerating bus, no matter how close I get to itís always pulling away and nobody seems to have the time table. Iíve decided that Iíll never use a GPS on the hill, not because they arenít great little devices and would be really handy at times but because I spend so much time in front of one kind of screen or another I just want somewhere in my life that I donít have to watch some flickering little screen or reboot it every now and again.

That doesnít make me a technophobe, or maybe it does, I still use technology and I take my little Nexus 7 tablet into bothies so, if Iím there alone, I can watch a movie. This harmless little pass time has brought me much approbation, as if itís somehow immoral or unethical. I think thereís a place for technology, it allows us to do amazing things, itís getting the balance right thatís the trick, we shouldnít let it take over.

Enough of the grumpy old man lecture, youíre here to find out about how to get cheap gear.

Read more here http://johndburns.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/how-to-get-cheaper-gear-legally/
... not showing 9 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums