/ Verbier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bobbsy - on 26 Mar 2013
Does anyone know a good source of topos for the Verbier area?

Thanks
Bobbsy - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Bobbsy:

Does anyone know any bad sources of topos for the verbier area then?
prog99 on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Bobbsy:
There must be something as I noticed the gear shops were selling climbing guides last week that I assume covered the local area.
As I was in winter sports mode I didnt investigate further but there were some likely looking cliffs above the village.
SFM - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Bobbsy:

I think(if memory serves me correctly) you can get topo's from the newsagent up the road from the post office at the central roundabout.

You could always call up one of the ourdoor shops there and ask them if they have any. If your French is a bit rusty I'm sure they'll speak a bit of english.
SFM - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Mike_Watson_99:

There are some routes off to the left of Savoleyur, as you look at it from the village. I've only been there in winter but a mate who used to live there has done a few of the easier routes.
EwanR on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Bobbsy: It depends what you mean exactly by the Verbier area but the main guide is probably "Entremont Escalades" by Olivier Roduit

http://www.camptocamp.org/books/14606/fr/entremont-escalades

There's also a bit of stuff in "Plaisir West" and for the limestone on the other side of the Rhone you'll want "Calcaire en Folie tome 1" by Piola.

Further up into the Valais the topo is "Escalade en Valais Central"

http://www.camptocamp.org/books/126335/fr/escalade-en-valais-central

Bobbsy - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to EwanR:

Thanks all! Was there last week also in winter mode and thoughts some of the cliffs looked fun, but didn't think about books/topos till too late.
Dave Kerr - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to SFM:
> (In reply to Bobbsy)
> If your French is a bit rusty I'm sure they'll speak perfect english. Or actually be English.

Fixed that for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.