/ Yorkshire Dales Conditions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
neilwiltshire on 26 Mar 2013
Have been planning with mates for a few weeks to walk the Pennine Way through the Yorkshire Dales over 3 days this weekend. Does anyone know what the conditions are like at the moment?
Tall Clare - on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to neilwiltshire:

I'm just outside Skipton, right on the edge of the Dales, but from looking at the Craven Weather reports on Facebook and knowing what it's like round here, there's still a lot of pretty deep snow lying at the edges of fields, much more so the higher up you go.
sheeny - on 26 Mar 2013
In reply to neilwiltshire: direct from wensleydale bloody cold snowed all day today not sticking tho,deep drifts in places no snow in other places and not many people about, roads all clear, what more do you want
AdCo82 on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to sheeny:

any updates?
sheeny - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to neilwiltshire: snowing all day again! but not sticking bit of grass showing where the wind has blown snow off, good walking weather
neilwiltshire on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to neilwiltshire: Sounds like the hike is still on then! Anyone know about the higher areas though? Pen-y-ghent and so on?
AdCo82 on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to neilwiltshire:

just what info I'm after, I'm after trying the 3 peaks!!!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Static - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to neilwiltshire

As said above there will be ten foot snow drifts against walls on high ground but apart from that you will be fine.

Maybe take a shovel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.