/ Where are you going for Easter?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dj_brigham05 - on 27 Mar 2013
Sooo where is everyone heading for the long weekend?
Skip - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05:

Currently considering Baggy Point.
Tim Chappell - on 27 Mar 2013

church, of course :-)
ring ouzel on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: Northern Germany to see my in-laws. Hoping for some early migrants such as chiffchaff.
toad - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: plan had been to head down the Llangollen Canal, but at the moment it's full of snow-collapsed trees, so we'll see....
Richard White on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to toad:

2 weeks in Haute Provence to get some sun and warm rock.
AndrewHuddart - on 27 Mar 2013

Skye, for 4 nights camping and chilling out. Wander arond to Loch Coruisk, maybe amble up the Dubh Slabs, take some photos and try to stay warm while not being in a city and not being surrounded by hoards of people. Can't wait!
redsonja - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: working, sadly!
alooker - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: North Wales and then up to manchester to see family. What about you?
The Ivanator - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Skip: Hi Mike, If you're thinking of Baggy don't forget Long Rock is bird banned at the moment - still plenty to go at on The Promontory. Check the tides too of course, although Kinky Boots is accessible once the tide is in and can be used as a alternative start to other routes on the slab too. Enjoy it!
dwisniewski - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: 2 weeks in Font! Wooo!
Jonny2vests - on 27 Mar 2013

Flying down to California, prob end up at Lake Tahoe, doing easy stuff with a 5 month pregnant wife. The thing Dan Osman speed climbs in THAT video is down there, might do that at a more sedate pace.
Neil Williams - on 27 Mar 2013

Wales, assuming it doesn't snow so much that I can't get in.

Neil
dj_brigham05 - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Neil Williams: Wales is also where I am planning on going. Fingers crossed for some rock climbing....
Chay - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: Seeking out some rock in N.Wales here too- probably Tremadog.
Giles Davis - on 27 Mar 2013

Kalymnos :D
Run_Ross_Run - on 27 Mar 2013
To work.
pork pie girl - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: was going to be drome-france but forcast doesn't look great.. so.. malham
mrchewy - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: Climbing - that could mean winter, bouldering, sport or trad looking at the forecast for Wales.
Mattlamb90 - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: font!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Skip - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to The Ivanator:

Cheers Ivan. Am aware of bird ban, shame as i was thinking of trying Lost Horizons. Tides are okay.
lowersharpnose - on 27 Mar 2013

Peak District is the normal default and I see no reason to change.
PontiusPirate on 27 Mar 2013

TBD... possibly a bit of time visiting friends in the Lakes, but that's as far as the planning has got!

PP.
Mark Collins - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: Me mum's.
Caralynh - on 27 Mar 2013

Hmph. Will have a jolly old time working nights Fri to Sun in Birmingham. We don't do holidays!
paul__in_sheffield - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: flying out to the Costa Blanca on Friday for 9 days climbing based in Calpe!
Sarah G on 27 Mar 2013
I have a pleasant and varied weeked planned, ta.

Singing The Crucifixion in Hartlepool on GF, going on a steam train tour all day Sat (luxury class of course, but i'd far rather be on the shovel) and a double hit at church on Sunday. Monday, me and dogs are off on hol in our wriggly-tin-shed-on-wheels.

Fab.

Sx
Bloodfire - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: Saudi Arabia... bring on the heat!
didntcomelast on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: Taking my wife to Applecross via Aviemore in the campervan. I've raved about the great food in the pub there for years and finally she's agreed to come with me for a few days. Hopefully it will stay dry enough to do some gentle walks.
Ava Adore - on 28 Mar 2013

Pootling about home with the odd day trip. Only definite plan so far is a walk in the Peak on Sunday.
davidbeynon - on 28 Mar 2013

Flying off to Norway for a couple of weeks in Lyngen.
Jim C - on 28 Mar 2013
Hopefully to pick up my daughter and first grandchild from the maternity ward, (but so far no sign of her even going into labour.)
The Norris - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: I'm going to go walking in the peak district for a couple of days, then maybe try and do a bit of climbing in the cheshire sandstone crags... Hoping itll be a bit less snowy than the peak.
Skip - on 28 Mar 2013

Slight change of plan. Off to Plymouth tomorrow, the Dewerstone Saturday, then possibly Culm Coast. That is if i survive Central Groove, having already taken a lead fall there.

Anyone know of any camping around Dewerstone?
jayjackson - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to Skip:
Hi Skip,

We may see you at Dewerstone tomorrow - I'll give you a call if we're planning on heading that way, but we have some friends staying so not entirely sure of plans yet.

There's a list of campsites nearby if you follow the link below, however there is also some common land North/uphill from the crag that you could wild camp on. I seriously doubt that there would be any real problems with responsible camping in Dewerstone wood, although I expect the landowner does not allow this, so I certainly couldn't advocate that on a public forum!

You'll be fine on Central Groove, bridging all the way - have fun!

Jay

http://www.virtualtenby.co.uk/campsites.asp?in=Shaugh%20Prior
Skip - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to jayjackson:

Cheers Jay
Si dH - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to Skip:
Had Gogarth main cliff to ourselves today, was lovely
Kevster - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to Si dH:

Portland was quiet where I was too. Where were all the hordes?
lost1977 - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to heidi123:

same here and i'm not even getting paid well (twunts paid me time and a half but reduced my shift length to compensate which is great when a normal week is only 23hrs@6.25)
The Ivanator - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to Kevster:
> (In reply to Si dH)
>
> Portland was quiet where I was too. Where were all the hordes?

Torpantau falls!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Kevster - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to The Ivanator:

I assume 3 or 4 teams in one day on multipitch ice is pushing queuing?

There were 3 groups/teams on the main crag today for me. Not a queue in sight.

I was at Blacknor Central/south. on the main cliff were maybe 8 of us in total. Saw 4 others way off at battleship. There were a few folk on the beach boulders/slab too.
Russell Lovett - on 30 Mar 2013
In reply to dj_brigham05: 16 hour shift Good Friday, working Saturday, will be knackered Sunday, 16 hour shift Easter Monday, but off to Mallorca for a week of walking and climbing on Friday yahoooooi!!!!
Skip - on 31 Mar 2013
In reply to Kevster:
> (In reply to Si dH)
>
> Portland was quiet where I was too. Where were all the hordes?

Dewerstone was busy this weekend.
jayjackson - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to Kevster: Had a lovely sunny time at Gull Rock/Marsland on Saturday and saw two other parties in the area. No-one else was foolish enough to climb at Cheesewring Quarry on Sunday - bloody freezing!
Skip - on 01 Apr 2013
In reply to jayjackson:

There were icicles on Hay Tor on Sunday. We didn't climb.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.