Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Peak District Conditions

razzorbuzz - on 27 Mar 2013

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone on the ground can give me a heads up as to what its currently like up there. We booked a cottage a while back with the intention of knocking out a few routes at The Roaches over the Easter weekend, we are leaving London on Thur night. Looking at MWIS and a few local web cams it seems the weather has hit hard.

I'm gona sling a pair of crampons & axes in the car anyway however does anyone have any info on the following

-What are the road conditions like, I saw that Snake Road has been closed is this still the case and are there others I should be aware of.

-What is the likely hood that anything (winter) might be in condition or will it be best to stick to the (very cold) grit. I've never been to the Peaks in Winter only Wales & further north so not sure what if anything might be around.

-Anything else you can think of that might be of use

Thanks so much :)
... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums