/ Nuts nuts nuts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
garbage - on 27 Mar 2013
Hi, I'm looking to get a new set of nuts (preferably WC rocks but I may be tempted otherwise). Don't want it to seem like I need spoon-feeding but if anyones seen some good deals let me know.

Rockrun are selling the 'classic' set (1-10) for 40 which looks like a really good deal but I would ideally prefer anodised. The extra cost however is pretty massive so currently scouting around for a good price.

(p.s I already have a set of the really old unanodised dmm wallnuts)
Bimble on 27 Mar 2013
The Ex-Engineer - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: Like you, I've not seen any particularly good deals on WC Anodised Rocks recently.

However it is certainly worth keeping an eye out on ebay. There is at least one seller who seems to have brand new sets of 1-8 available occasionally, such as item 380599978526 which sold recently.
garbage - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: thanks I've now got him as a 'saved seller'
martinph78 on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: I'd save your money and go for the non-anodised set for 40, seems liek a good deal to me. Not sure I see the benefits of colours, not enough to justify paying difference for. I have some but don't find them it any easier to find the right size compared to my plain gear.
Skip - on 27 Mar 2013
garbage - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Skip: thanks. 5 a nut, pretty good!
markus691 on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:

IIRC the WC "classic" set is considerably heavier than the regular set. Watch out for that.
Plus, they'll last a long time (and re-sell on ebay at little loss) so I'd get the set I really want. Or rather, figure out which one thatg is, and wait for a deal on that.
SCC - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
> (In reply to garbage) I'd save your money and go for the non-anodised set for 40, seems liek a good deal to me. Not sure I see the benefits of colours, not enough to justify paying difference for. I have some but don't find them it any easier to find the right size compared to my plain gear.

Didn't WC change the shape of the Rocks when they brought out the anodised ones?
I only have the old style ones so can't compare but I seem to remember they were more tapered.

Si
CurlyStevo - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to SCC:
the old rocks are not flared on the sideways placement but the new ones are. Alsot the new ones are lighter. Possibly other differences too (I have some new and old) but I've not noticed them.
Chay - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage: You already have a set of DMM wires; thus, I'd be buying WC rocks.

I like to have both due to the subtle difference in shape; for example, a DMM 4 may not fit but a WC will. I find this a lot, one doesn't quite fit but the other is perfect. Hence I carry both (A set and a half on single pitches up to two sets on multi-pitch routes).

C
neuromancer - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to garbage:

What about a set of offsets then move into brassies?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.