Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Suitable for indoor climbing?

John Killie - on 27 Mar 2013
I went into Ellis Brigham today to purchase my 1st climbing rope. I have just started to climbing lead (indoor on;ly) and wanted a rope that would be suitable for use at the GCC and Ratho. As Ratho has a 30m wall, it was suggested that I have a 60m rope.

I explained what I was looking for to the assistant and left the shop having purchased an EDELRID SHIKRA 8.5mm x 60m, which I was concerned about but after questioning the assistant was told it would be suitable. It is a 1/2 rope, which I thought were only meant to be used in conjunction with a second line, but I am a complete novice and relied on advice from the store.

I got it home and checked the information leaflet, which stated it was perfect for Alpine and Alpine sports, but not recommended for indoor use.

It's still in the packaging and I am just wanting experienced climbers opinions and not just the opinion of the assistant.

thanks and sorry for babbling on.
... not showing 59 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums