/ Yankers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chay - on 27 Mar 2013
Yankers! Those seconds that yank on pieces of gear by the quick draw to remove them...my partner is guilty of this and It drives me mad! End up with wires being bent...It only takes a few seconds extra to carefully remove it.

He's a great second otherwise btw, safe, observant etc just with an annoying habit of bending wire.

If this continues I may have to adopt the penalty slack option!

Is it just me that gets annoyed by yankers?

C
GeoffRadcliffe - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Borrow your partner's wires and place those.
Rog Wilko on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: With you all the way here! And quite often, because of the rotation caused by this action, you often finish up with a totally jammed nut which can't be removed even with a nut key because you can't reverse the putting in process, which is of course the sensible way to remove it.
pork pie girl - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: with you
Mark Kemball - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Rather irritating, but in extremis, sometimes that's all you can manage.
pork pie girl - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to pork pie girl: anyway..whenever i've tried it i've almost knocked my teeth out or given myself a blackeye by smacking myself in the face with the gear as i've yanked it out. it does often bend wires and i don't like my wires getting bent.. i think the paying out a little slack as an incentive sounds a good plan if the issue hasn't been taken on board.
Chay - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Mark Kemball: I agree, if it's really strenuous or in a difficult position then I can understand.

For the most part, as above say- reverse the way it was put in; doesn't jam, doesn't bend wires etc.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Chay - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to pork pie girl: Funny you should say that; a friend of mine did that exact thing (not with my gear)..yanked it, flew out, hit him in the face causing a black eye and a very bruised ego.

We thought it was quite amusing though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.