/ One pitch gully cadair idris.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cadairmanuk - on 27 Mar 2013
Good evening , has anyone done one pitch gully on cadair idris or cyfrwy to be exact? I can't find a lot of information on it. It's down as a grade I/II. Just wanted info on how hard etc?

Ben
Rstone - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Cadairmanuk:
Crfwy is a brilliant alpine mountaineering trip I'd say it was mixed III but with lots of good rock gear the crux is the crack that goes up from the notch behind the table, just do it, you wont regret it. One pitch will probably be deep in powder.
Cadairmanuk - on 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Rstone:

Thanks , I have done table direct in summer and loved it. It may be a bit beyond me in winter to lead it. Yeh I guessing too deep powder issues in the gully.

Ben
Pay attention - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Please would you post later on what you find in the actual condition of routes on Cadair, etc.

I've always wanted to do winter routes on Cadair. Sadly no opportunity to go there this coming weekend so I'll have to put up with what it would have been like. Difficult to persuade some mindsets of the gems on Cadair, so I will have to Pass on it, and will likely end up being a skivvy in the Kitchen.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Cadairmanuk - on 28 Mar 2013
In reply to Pay attention:

Conditions on the north of cadair idris are poor. Gullys are loaded up big time. Top of the foxes path has one massive cronie which has moved down about 20m form the top. Snow has a ice crust then you drop into powder. Trojan is in and had an accent today but too hard for me. So all in all not great. South facing stuff is perfect hard ice and neava!

Ben.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.