Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Isla Bikes? Any alternatives?

Phil Payne - on 31 Mar 2013
I want to get my daughter (nearly 7) a new bike as she has outgrown her current bike. My girlfriend says that we should just get her a cheap bike from Decathlon, but I've had a look and they are all made of steel and weigh a ton.

We live on a hill and with her current single speed bike she can't manage to ride it up the hill and has to get off and walk. Hardly surprising when the bike weighs about 15kg which is more than half her body weight.

I've done quite a bit of research on the internet trying to find a decent lightweight kids bike and the one name that always comes up is Isla Bikes and I'm yet to see a bad review.

I've also looked at bikes from Specialized and Trek, but they always seem to come with front suspension which just seems totally pointless and only there for looks and increased weight.

What else is out there or should I just go ahead and get an Isla Bike?
... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums