/ Snuff Mills Park, Bristol.. bit lost..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Steve nevers on 05 Apr 2013
Alright how'd you find this place then?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1545

I was passing by the other night and had a scan about for it using the location and that on the crag page, no joy finding it though.

Anyone got any better directions please?
The Pylon King on 05 Apr 2013
In reply to Steve nevers:

Yeah that location marker is totally out - have sent in an update.

Basically park at the Snuff mills car park, walk up stream for 10/15 mins until you get to a footbridge. Crag is on the left (dont cross the footbridge.)
Steve nevers on 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Steve nevers: Thank you.
Steve nevers on 08 Apr 2013

Afraid to say this place is in a right state.

Aside from being pretty overgrown theres a lot more damage done.. Using this photo as a guide I'll point out whats up.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=62927

1) Pretty substantial tree has come down from the top of the crag just to the right off this photo (about 6-10ft to the right).
2) Large firepit at the base of the crag (roughly bottom left of this photo) leaving a fair bit of soot staining the rock.
3) the 'cave' (just around the left corner) has two paving slab blocks in the roof ready to come down, looks like a half decent yank would pull them free.
4) Large(ish) tree at the top of the crag has exposed roots, and some herberts kindly lit a fire inside the root system, leaving it rather weak.
The Pylon King on 08 Apr 2013

I will be giving it a bit of an overhaul at some point for the new guide so if you want to help then that would be great.
In reply to Steve nevers: Will be needing a chainsaw to cut that fallen tree up, Its lying straight down the face at the moment.
In reply to The Pylon King:
> (In reply to Steve nevers)
>
>
> I will be giving it a bit of an overhaul at some point for the new guide so if you want to help then that would be great.

Slung you an email.
sianabanana - on 08 Apr 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

Just moved quite close to here, never been over there as yet. Might wanter over and take a look.

If you are walking up stream from oldbury court, surely the left would be the river if you havent crossed it.

Did you mean down stream?

Or am i thinking of a different car park?
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to sianabanana:
>
>
> Or am i thinking of a different car park?

You want Snuff Mills car park mate, go past the mill and carry on. But as i say its pretty much ruined at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.