ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Lament of the Cheddar MC

The Ivanator - on 08 Apr 2013
Was climbing at Cheddar yesterday up on Sunnyside Terrace when Martin Crocker came by checking our BMC memberships (for 3rd party insurance purposes). We had a short chat in the sun and Martin seemed a little concerned by dwindling numbers of climbers using the Gorge.
It is such a great resource and Martin has put a huge personal effort into making the place an accessible climbing playground for all abilities, so I shared his concern.
We had a great day mixing the Sport and Trad and doing routes on both sides of the Gorge, the place must be one of the most impressive inland crags we have outside the mountains.
As the venue is within day tripping distance of many urban centres I'm interested as to why more climbers are not using the place. Any theories? Any reasons why you do or don't like the place?
Personally I suspect that getting to grips with the access arrangement discourages a few, but in fact there are plenty of options year round.
... not showing 108 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums