Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - ideas for beginner climb near Luberon

tnewmark - on 10 Apr 2013
Hi,

My girlfriend and I will be going on our honeymoon in Luberon in the South of France in June. And we were wondering if anybody with experience of that area can advise us where to go.

I've been climbing for about 9 months, with about 3 months leading indoors, and just a touch of outdoor sport. She's only top-roped indoor, but will probably do some leading practice indoors before we go.

We'd want route from about 5-6b. In a nice location, even with a lake nearby would be perfect! I'm getting the Cote D'Azur rockfax guide as Calanques looked a possibility, but I realise that our location is in the crossover between this and the Languedoc-Roussillon and Haute Provence rockfax guide.

If anyone can recommend some possibilities that would be greatly appreciated. I think Buoux is the closest but a bit worried it's not for the likes of us. Maybe too hard and a lot of finger pockets.

Also, we'll have a car so we can drive a bit but don't necessarily want to go too far.

Many thanks,

Tom
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums