/ Trym Valley Gorge - Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
lukehodson on 11 Apr 2013
Has anyone climbed at Trym this year, specifically Armistice wall?

I'm keen to get down there for some after work sessions given the improving daylight hours. My suspicion is that it will be in reasonable condition given the recent dry spell and improving temperatures, though perhaps a bit more overgrown than usual.

Would be interested to hear what state it's in from anyone who's been down there in the last few weeks.

Cheers, Luke
The Pylon King on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to lukehodson:

Ive been to Trym recently but not Armistice. It was all bone dry but the vegetation is rampant again. I'm guessing its wet again now though.
lukehodson on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

Thanks for the quick reply. I will head down in the next couple of weeks with some secateurs!
tombeasley - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to lukehodson: keep us all informed, I'd be interested to know what conditions are like too
lukehodson on 26 Apr 2013
In reply to tombeasley:

Went down to armistice wall last night, it was dry and in reasonably good condition. There are brambles hanging from the top of the crag in places, which could do with being chopped if anyone visits with gardening tools.

From a distance most of the other crags also looked in good nick. None of the foliage is out yet, so it's very open which should be helping with drying.
tombeasley - on 26 Apr 2013
In reply to lukehodson: Thanks for the update, hope to head down to have a look soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.