/ Slate quarries!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chay - on 11 Apr 2013
Right, I'm calling all UKCers to cross their finger and hope for dry weather in the slate quarries tomorrow afternoon ;)! Wet slate is shite and I'm rather looking forward to getting on Seamstress et al

What's the conditions like atm; anyone been recently? I imagine it's still cold but all snow gone?

It dries quick so I'm hoping tomorrow will be fine.

C
Chay - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: *fingers even!
The Papa Lazarou on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/Wales/Llanberis/ have a look at this....wet until midday & not a lot of breeze to blow rock dry but on the positive side some sun forecast. late afternoon/evening may be your best bet. hope you get some dry rock :-)
Steve Clegg - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:
Slate dries in 5 minutes. Be there and ready to go ...
Steve
Chay - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to The Papa Lazarou: Yea, pitching up at about 1:20 so probably touch rock at 1:45/2ish and climb through the afternoon/evening.

We'll see; fingers crossed. We could always resort to easy bolt clipping if it's damn!

C
Chay - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Like Steve says, slate dries rapid in the sun/wind so hopefully we can slot in a few routes when the sun peaks out!

C
deacondeacon - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: if it's wet you could always do snakes and ladders. Loads of fun.
Steve Clegg - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:
Go Chay ...
Steve
Blue Straggler - on 11 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay:

Go to Hangingstone :-)
Chay - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Currently not raining in Bangor; should be okay for 1/2 this afternoon.

Has it stopped raining in Llanberis/Deiniolen anyone?
Chay - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Heavy rain now :(
air - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: it's pouring in llanberis at the moment
Chay - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to air: Bugger!

I'm thinking I might work through today and free up a day that's more likely to yeild climeable routes; I don't think much will get done today on the slate; especially given the low winds :(

Thanks.
C
Chay - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Any later updates or am I clutching at straws?
ads.ukclimbing.com
Chay - on 12 Apr 2013
In reply to Chay: Absolutely hammering down here now! Game over :(

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.