Winter Climbing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbers?

Steve (The Steve) - on 11 Apr 2013
Well, I thought I would put this to the masses. I was climbing last weekend on The Ben and did a very nice ice climb, Hadrians Wall. Now this route is just left of Point 5 and the walk in goes past Orions Direct. And as you can imagine there was some queuing going on. At the base of the routes, on the routes, and even topping out!

I think there's a lot of people have lost what climbing is about. I think that climbing has become so accessible that lots of people are throwing them self's to routes, regardless if they had to Que or not so that they can become hero's in their lunch time.

Where has the spirit of climbing gone? Having the adventure in the wilderness? I have to Que at supermarket, the petrol station, everywhere! Am I going to head into the mountains and do it there? Hell no! That's not what climbing is about! There's hundred of routes on The Ben, and everyone is Queuing for the classic's? Sort it out.....
... not showing 29 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums