/ WC Zeros going cheap...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BenPitt - on 25 Apr 2013
Just come across this deal and looks good

http://www.joe-brown.com/outdoor-equipment/wild_country_zero_friends__set_of_any_3?gclid=CMaZkfr85bY...

Have not used these but am looking for more gear to add to the pile. Anyone got anything good/bad/indifferent to say about them? Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
The Ex-Engineer - on 25 Apr 2013
In reply to BenPitt:
> Anyone got anything good/bad/indifferent to say about them?

I've used them for a decade and find them excellent.

I'd equally happily climb with any of Zeros, Aliens (or copies thereof) or Master Cams but I've repeatedly gone for Zeros with my own money when I've lost cams or needed to replace one.

I really like the doubled sling and think they are better value for money than the direct alternatives. The certainly aren't as bombproof as the small versions of standard cams (C4s, Dragons) but I've not found any great issue with them.

> Is this a good deal?

Yes.
BenPitt - on 25 Apr 2013
Sold!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Hannes on 25 Apr 2013
In reply to BenPitt: I'd also want to chime in that zeroes are great little cams. They feel really flimsy when you get them but they aren't and for that price there isn't much to talk about if you need some small cams. 4, 5 and 6 are useful sizes for the average british trad climber.
ads.ukclimbing.com
BenPitt - on 30 Apr 2013
Just an update for you all...

Ordered these yesterday and they got delivered today without paying extra for next day delivery. Great service by Joe Brown's. Can wait for the weekend to try these puppies out!

+1 respect to Joe Brown's

Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.