/ Owl nest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kato'sdad on 03 May 2013
Please be aware, there is a Tawney Owl nesting in the crack of Pig Traverse at Brimham Rocks.
Mark Collins - on 03 May 2013
In reply to kato'sdad: Sorry to be an ass, but it would be beneficial to the birds concerned if you didn't name the spieces in future.
ring ouzel on 03 May 2013
In reply to Mark Collins: but she didn't Mark, there is no such species! :-)

Part of me agrees with you but anybody stupid enough to mess with an owl deserves all they get.
Fraser on 03 May 2013
In reply to Mark Collins:

I think stating the location in the subject might have been more helpful in getting more hits too.
Tom V - on 03 May 2013
In reply to Mark Collins:

Seems common practice to say "There's a peregrine nesting on crag X" and I've never seen anyone upbraided for it before..
Lone Rider - on 03 May 2013
In reply to Tom V: As the Tawny Owl is not a protected species I don't think eggers are going to be in a hurry to go there for the eggs.
It is however worth while informing people about owls and where they nest as they have been known to attack people with one famous photographer losing an eye in the process and as he said it was his own fault.
Cheers
ads.ukclimbing.com
sheeny - on 10 May 2013
In reply to kato'sdad: Just for Information all owls are protected by law in the UK, and in the case of the barn owl, which has additional Schedule I protection, you can be heavily fined for disturbing them at the nest site either physically or by photographing them, without a licence. so tread carefully

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.