Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC fit club week 320

biscuit - on 05 May 2013
UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (319) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=547799

Ali Running is always simpler than getting kit together and going climbing. Try to keep the other aspects going ( diet, fingerboard ? ) while work is getting in the way.
Daniel heath Did you hit 65kg ?
IainRUK I totally missed that last week. New pb in bad conditions and with no one to push you is excellent.
Si dH On holiday
kylieo For goals look at consolidating 6c onsights ( different types of route or a 50% success rate ? ) and obviously another 7b with a 7b+ goal by end of Summer. Just a thought.
Eagle river Anything to report ?????????????
AJM it'll be so worth it when the van is done
Exile Did you get Ivy League ?
Need kraken A good week. V4 is a good standard and trad has to be done at your own pace. Just keep leading everytime you get out. The grade does not matter. Once it starts to feel familiar it will improve. You can't force your brain to learn it's safe you have to teach it by example and that can take time.
Sankey Have you managed to get back out and look at another 7a ?
Leon Good steady goals
Pork Pie Girl love your sportive write up, sounds like a right laugh ! Any progress to report from your 2nd home ? p.s. I bought a turbo trainer. Owch they're hard work.
Jimmykay looks like things are well set up for a successful return visit
Ian bell how's the ankle ?
Curious yellow how is infernal din going ? I am guessing you're on it this weekend.
Mattrm See the races as part of the UTMB build up I guess. I couldn't imagine setting out on an ultra without the psyche to do it.
NMN Outdoors twice in a week, good stuff. Have you got out this wekeend ?
Northernclamberer I have no idea what you're going on about with work but it sounds stressful. We can't have good weeks every week. Just make the best of what you can. Hope this week ( and the job interview ) went well.
Grubes First UK 7a of the year. Well done. I reckon it was the belayer that made the difference ;-)
Joughton AMAZING ! Running out of superlatives for all your achievements this year
Biscuit Stuck with kids trying to get what I can done
Nomics Well done last week. A deserved success and a quick RP too really. What's next ?
Seankenny Good work on the E1 and the fall !
Luke Owens Did you go for the RP ? Sounds to me like you should be doing. Hope you're feeling a bit more energetic this week.
Ally Smith I was with Grubes and again obviously didn't realise it was you. Hope Santa Linya is getting crushed and your finger holds out.
Twigger - I hope this week went better. Don't push it if you're feeling ill.
mbh great consistent mileage and cardio. How did the mini coast to coast go ? Great to have a willing partner to do it with
kevster hope you are getting out and carrying on the excellent trad standard
Stevemarkperry are you getting out this weekend ?
DocturU hope you enjoy Pembroke. If that place doesn't encourage you out of a slump nowhere will
... not showing 107 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums