/ saas fee...free uplift

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
dunirie - on 05 May 2013
does anyone know if the free uplift is happening this year?
thanks
JLS on 05 May 2013
dunirie - on 05 May 2013
In reply to JLS: cool thanks for that!
JLS on 05 May 2013
In reply to dunirie:

Reading into that it appears MOST cable cars are free once you've paid the inexpensive visitor tax BUT the train to the Allalinhorn requires an extra card which while not too expensive (5chf a day) isn't exactly free...
dunirie - on 05 May 2013
In reply to JLS:does anybody know if you can you get a citizens passport while camping in the saas valley? or is it solely for people staying in hotels or apartments in saas fee

cheers
JLS on 05 May 2013
In reply to dunirie:

Pretty sure you'll get them from the camp sites too.
jonesieboy on 06 May 2013
In reply to dunirie: last Summer the passports were given to campers too,
Dave Kerr - on 06 May 2013
In reply to JLS:

You going this year? We'll be in Zermat at some point provided I don't banjo myself on the Haute Route.
JLS on 06 May 2013
In reply to Dave Kerr:

Ygm
industrialiceman - on 07 May 2013
In reply to dunirie: just be clear with the hotel/campsit when you purchase your card on the dates you intend to travel/uplift.

We missed this bit - thought the card was ok for the 'trip' - we went to do the North Ridge tarverse of the weissmiess. Got to the top station the following day and all hell broke loose for not adhering to the instructions.

After some negotation, we were allowed down and passporst helds till i got to bank and handed over the princely sum of a return fee.

Lots of tutting/huffing by the lift team

IIM
adam 24 - on 07 May 2013
In reply to dunirie:
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question, not sure if i have understood properly. Does this mean if you have the card all the cable cars up to the mountaineering routes are free? eg getting on the weissmies? If so, that's awesome!

cheers,
adam
JLS on 07 May 2013
In reply to adam 24:

>"Does this mean if you have the card all the cable cars up to the mountaineering routes are free?"

Pretty much.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.