/ Gas Canisters - Cortina

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
florence58 - on 07 May 2013
Does anyone know if/where it is possible to get hold of screw top gas canisters in Cortina, or at a push, Venice?
whistler - on 07 May 2013
In reply to florence58:
Sorry can't remember the shop but I seem to remember finding a shop in Arraba if you're in the area that had them. There should be somewhere in Cortina that stocks them as well. Sorry that's not much help.
Simon Preuss - on 07 May 2013
In reply to florence58:
Yes, it is possible to get them.

I bought some in the hardware section of "La Cooperativa"

The many outdoors shops may also sell them.
balmybaldwin - on 07 May 2013
In reply to florence58:

I vaguely remember gettnig some from the hardware shop just down the road on the opposite side of the road to the Mountain Rescue/Information Service Hut in the town centre.

Certainly don't remember it being a problem getting hold of them, but this was about 5 years ago
LJC - on 07 May 2013
In reply to florence58: La cooprativa has them on the main shopping road, or any of the gear shops down the hill on the outdoor shop road (best bakery in town is here too).
LJC - on 07 May 2013
In reply to florence58: the shop at camping Olympia also sold them, but more expensive.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Andes - on 08 May 2013
In reply to florence58:
Buy one of these converters then you can use either common type of cartridge.
It might seem expensive at first, but because the pierceable cartridges are often about half the price of the screw-fix ones, within a week or less you'll have got your money back!
http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Cooking-Equipment/Fuel-Fire/ADAPTER-PUNCTURE-EDE-ADP#.UYozo6Lv...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.