/ Zip off trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climo - on 08 May 2013
Does anyone know of a manufacture of zip off trousers (you know the things) but with the addition of a zip running down the lower 'zipped off' leg. This enables the legs to pass over the boots.
Cargo pockets would be good to.

I've got an old pair of MH ones that do just this but they're too big for me - hey, I've lost weight!

I've looked but I can't see anything like this which imo is a real gap in the market.

Thanks
Guy Hurst - on 08 May 2013
In reply to climo: TNF certainly used to do trousers like this, and probably still do. Can't remember the name of them tho.
jwa - on 08 May 2013
I have a pair of North Face trousers that do just that which I've been trying to offload for a while now as they're too small. Would be willing to sell them cheap if they fit you. Send me a message if you're interested. Don't have details to hand.
NorthernGrit - on 09 May 2013
In reply to climo:

Patagonia Gi III

Loads of others too if you look around a bit.
In reply to climo: You could do worse than TNF Paramount Peak Convertible, which have ankle zip and cargo pockets. Review here: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/gear/review.php?id=4735
jwa - on 09 May 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:
> (In reply to climo) You could do worse than TNF Paramount Peak Convertible, which have ankle zip and cargo pockets. Review here: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/gear/review.php?id=4735

These are what I'm trying to get rid of if anyone's interested.
GridNorth - on 09 May 2013
In reply to climo: Montane Terra pants. No cargo pocket though.
iksander on 09 May 2013
In reply to climo: I looked for a while for stretch trousers that do the same thing and found Adidas do some http://www.adidas.co.uk/Men%27s-Hiking/Trekking-Flex-Zip-Off-Pants/X12806_310,en_GB,pd.html?cgid=&am...

Not cheap, but excellent - I got some off an auction site
climo - on 09 May 2013
In reply to climo: Thanks Guys. Some good ideas there. TNF sounds like the closest to the MH pants I have.
henwardian - on 10 May 2013
In reply to climo: I've been buying REI Sahara Convertible Pants for years. Lots of pockets, zip goes whole length of lower leg section so they can be put on and off with anything on your feet. They don't last spectacularly well but then they are not very expensive.
My main reason for buying them is it is the only product of it's kind on the planet (afaik) that is made in my size.

Sadly you will get stung for VAT and import duty unless you have a friend in the USA who can repackage them for you or you are on holiday there or something.
climo - on 10 May 2013
In reply to henwardian:
That is what I'm after! Thanks. I've got a friend in the US that can help. Just wish they were in the UK. :(

Why more companies don't make this design is beyond me. It's stupid to have to sit down to take the legs off and get muck on your bum & the inside leg. It's not rocket science to look at what is needed then supply it. Shows just how disconnected from their users most manufacturers are.
Moan, whinge, rant. :)
Hooo - on 10 May 2013
In reply to jwa:
> These are what I'm trying to get rid of if anyone's interested.

I'm interested. What size are they and how much do you want for them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.