/ Snow & rock arcteryx prices ...
yep. tho there are a few reasons why they get top dollar:
- they have many fabrics in their own version (being prototypers to both gore and polartec).
- they have their own factories with workers headhunted from others and specially trained for their tech
- a fair bit is made/finished in north america
- they have employment standards far better than a chinese sweat shop
- they use technology that is expensive, requires extra skills and is their own
- they use about double the stitch count, which takes longer to sew and time is money
- they use advanced patterning, which relies on larger selvage (the amount of fabric required)
- they dont have lower quality lines of cheaper stuff to offset costs (like almost all other brands do)
- they produce smaller numbers of stuff in total (even tho they have extensive military contracts)
- they spend big on detailing
- they spend big on in store shelf prominence
- they spend big on R&D
it doesnt explain 37 pound t shirts and youre right, still doesnt add up till that bird logo sets sewn in.
I have put a posting on the snow & rock face book page and they are looking into it .
Elsewhere on the site
Every so often you meet someone in climbing that makes you take a step back. Someone with a fire in their eye, passion in... Read more
Pete Whittaker has flashed the 32 pitch route Freerider 5.12d on El Capitan in Yosemite Valley over three days,... Read more
Nuts, wires, stoppers, chocks, wedges, whatever you want to call them, have been around for a long time. Initially made from... Read more
Manchester Climbing Centre is showing Reel Rock’s Valley Uprising on Tuesday the 11th of November at... Read more