/ Snow & rock arcteryx prices ...
yep. tho there are a few reasons why they get top dollar:
- they have many fabrics in their own version (being prototypers to both gore and polartec).
- they have their own factories with workers headhunted from others and specially trained for their tech
- a fair bit is made/finished in north america
- they have employment standards far better than a chinese sweat shop
- they use technology that is expensive, requires extra skills and is their own
- they use about double the stitch count, which takes longer to sew and time is money
- they use advanced patterning, which relies on larger selvage (the amount of fabric required)
- they dont have lower quality lines of cheaper stuff to offset costs (like almost all other brands do)
- they produce smaller numbers of stuff in total (even tho they have extensive military contracts)
- they spend big on detailing
- they spend big on in store shelf prominence
- they spend big on R&D
it doesnt explain 37 pound t shirts and youre right, still doesnt add up till that bird logo sets sewn in.
I have put a posting on the snow & rock face book page and they are looking into it .
Elsewhere on the site
Skiing Baffin’s couloirs has been on my to do list ever since I saw Andrew McLean and Brad Barlage’s inspirational... Read more
WINTERFEST 2014 at Outside in Hathersage 6th and 7th December 2014 Outside's ever popular Winterfest event is back... Read more
A product review by James Turnbull. James Turnbull at Outside recently took the new Osprey Mutant 38 on a rigorous test in the... Read more
Nick Livesey discovered the mountains of Snowdonia over a decade ago and finally moved there a year and a half ago, quitting a... Read more