/ Second pitch of Embankment 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ciderslider - on 10 May 2013
Now I know that the first pitch is the main course, and that if you're a soft southern b@stard that can't jam it's tough but ......

anyone else done the second pitch (or should I say bitch)

The first time I tried P1 I got spat off about two thirds up. So last sunday thought I would have another go. It was a bit frantic midway but then it all calmed and I got it - well chuffed.
Might as well do P2.

4b my arse !! Layback all the way to the top last cam under my feet, reach over the flake thinking there's gonna be a monster jug - nothing, off and just missed the ledge.
Second time round got it and noticed a couple of holds on the wall at the top that I had missed (soft eyes I could hear Mr Gresham saying in my minds ear)

Any one else done it ? If sp 4b ?????
999thAndy on 10 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:
There's loads of jamming cracks on S. sandstone so geography is not a good excuse.
victim of mathematics - on 10 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:

I've done it, but it was ages ago. I remember thinking it was tough, and probably 4c, but not a total sandbag. I'd not have done any laybacking though.
CurlyStevo - on 10 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:
felt pretty standard VS to me - possibly 4c but not harder!
MikeLell - on 10 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider: I didn't lead P2 but it felt significantly easier than P1, which I led.
CurlyStevo - on 10 May 2013
In reply to MikeLell:
God yes I'd agree with that. P1 was horrible, can't see myself leading that again. I can remember the pain in my feet to this day! I lead both pitches.
ashtond6 - on 10 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:

I found it very 4b as loads for feet, though very bold as I had no big gear!
Offwidth - on 10 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:

I'd say slightly easier than pitch one and hardish for 4b.
Ciderslider - on 11 May 2013
In reply to Offwidth: Actually I would say that you were spot on (although I would say nudging 4c )
I think probably that in the afterglow of getting up P1 I probably (wrongly) though oh 4b I'll piss that laybacked the whole thing expecting a jug at the top of the flake and missed the small positive holds on the left and right walls - still was chuffed that after having fallen from top to bottom I flashed it second time round.

I'm looking forward to jumping on it again (both pitches)
Simon Caldwell - on 11 May 2013
In reply to Ciderslider:
I led both pitches, and found them similar in difficulty, ie VS 4c,4c.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.