/ Conville course 23-25 June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dean hepworth - on 16 May 2013
Just got a place today as somebody has dropped out , anybody else going for those dates, were are you staying ? Thinking I will camp as other people seem to think that's the best option , also what dates are you staying until as I would like to hang around and do some easy routes ?

Very exited now haha
spenser - on 16 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: I'm on the 19th- 21st of june course, possibly looking at staying out until the 28th.
Dean hepworth - on 16 May 2013
In reply to spenser: yeah I'm going to stay for a few days after and make the most of it! And would be happy to meet up, are you camping?
Alchemist - on 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth:

Hi All, I'm on the same course, arriving friday 9 am and staying untill the 29th. look forward to meeting up
Dean hepworth - on 20 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: I'm also getting there Friday, probably afternoon . And staying until the 1st :) , were are you from?
In reply to Dean hepworth: I live in Nottingham currently but from Lancashire originally. What about you? how are you travelling?
Dean hepworth - on 20 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: cool, Im from Liverpool :) , and flying out with easyjet, really excited now just have lots of kit to buy Haha
In reply to Dean hepworth: Yeah me too, looking for some boots as my vegas are the worst to walk in. BTW my names Daniel.
what are u looking to acquire?
Dean hepworth - on 21 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: oh what seems live a e pensive list haha, just bits really but it all ads up . Climbing hardware, ice screws at roughly fifty quid a pop, survival bag, sheet sleeping bag ( is that the same kind of thing as a liner? ) hemet oh and sun glasses which could cripple me as I could do with prescription ones :( , but it's kit I'm always going to need and would have had to buy anyway, was thinking about a rope too as I'm staying out . Adds up haha, what boots are you going for?
Dean hepworth - on 22 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: is a sleeping bag liner the same as a sheet sleeping bag?
Alchemist - on 22 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Yes man, i do believe it is the same. Ive been looking at Batura 2s', thinking that its a technical boot that you can take them pretty high too.
Yeah climbing gear does add up. i'm going for a borrow approach as much as i can.
Dean hepworth - on 23 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: I've not a pair of the older baturas unhappy with mine, slight heel lift so I've got the little wedges under the innersole seems to have fixed it :) , got mine from needle sports they were a lot cheaper than most places, the new ones have a nice price tag! , what are h out doing about food, are you taking a stove or going to go out, I don't know if there is really an option of eating out .il have to check, or live on pop tarts for 11 days haha
Dean hepworth - on 28 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: thinking about getting a caravan as it would be much more convenient, the site says it can sleep 4 I'm there from the 21st still the 1st so would cost me 300 which is abit expensive but if anybody was willing stay too it would be a option anybody interested?
Alchemist - on 30 May 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: Hi Dean, yep gonna get a stove to travel with. Borrowing lots of stuff from friends at the moment.
I would be interested in the caravan share, but only if we get 3 or preferable 4 involved

Daniel
Dean hepworth - on 30 May 2013
In reply to Alchemist: it's booked up all summer, looks like were camping haha
Dean hepworth - on 13 Jun 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: I fly out on Friday, anybody else getting there early? Go for a wonder possibly some easy sport climbing?
laurence_falconer - on 16 Jun 2013
Hi, I'm going to be arriving there early Friday morning, is anyone else going to be around then?
Dean hepworth - on 16 Jun 2013
In reply to laurence_falconer: I won't be arriving until around evening time I guess, .i have a greenish cheap coleman tent that I may look too big for, come say hello if your around :)
laurence_falconer - on 16 Jun 2013
Okay sweet, ive got a green vango typhoon tent so ill be around somewhere! Just started trying to sort out what to pack, bit of a nightmare as its my first alpine summer!
Alchemist - on 16 Jun 2013
In reply to laurence_falconer: Hello Laurence and Dean, ill be arriving friday morning, around 11 am.
my names Daniel, i will also have a green tent and a tarpaulin. will look out for u both. if u have phones let me know i can pass u my number and drop me a text

Daniel
Dean hepworth - on 16 Jun 2013
In reply to laurence_falconer: just sorted my gear out, very close to the limit and I have a extra spots bag, the 12 for that doesn't go far once you add rope and few bits
Dean hepworth - on 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Dean hepworth: weather forecast is not looking good for the next few days, lots of rain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.