Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Best driver behaviour towards cyclists that you've seen

Tim Chappell - on 22 May 2013
With all the negative stuff around, it's important to point out, I think, that most drivers are no trouble to cyclists, and some drivers go out of their way to act well towards cyclists.

What's been your best interaction with a driver? Here's mine: I turned out of a side road onto a dual-carriageway with two kids on my bike's two child-seats. There was a serious hole in the road which I didn't spot in time, and my bike went over. So two children, an adult, and a bike were sprawled on the floor in the left-hand lane. The driver bearing down on us (in a brown Volvo, as I recall) saw what had happened, got his hazard-lights on, and stopped his car at an angle so that nothing else could hit us in the left-hand lane, and so that anything coming through in the right-hand lane would have to slow down to get round the nose of his car. Brilliant piece of driving. Thanks to him wherever he is today...
... not showing 41 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums