/ Motorists

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
yesbutnobutyesbut - on 22 May 2013
Every time I go out in my car there's motorists holding me up everywhere. Every time I stop at a junction I have to wait for other motorists to get out of the way so I can turn left or right. Every time I have to stop at Traffic lights there's usually five or Six of them in front of me, and then there's the idiots who actually wait til the lights turn green rather than pulling off when it's amber, whats that all about it costs me time, my time!

And then there's motorists on narrow country lanes going slower than I want to go, I'd make them retake their tests and charge them double for it! Why can't they speed up or just get out of the bloody way, my journey is more important than theirs.

And don't get me started on rush hour queues, why do all these motorists have to be in their cars at the same time as me causing me delays. And most of them are on their mobile phones and I bet half of them haven't got insurance or past their tests.

And as for Road Tax, I've got a massive car because I'm so important and I pay more than the other motorists so they should pull over and let me through.

If I had my way I'd ban every one else from the road except me because my journey is more important than everything and everyone elses'
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

It's funny, I sometimes find myself getting annoyed if for example someone is going 30 in a 40 zone. I have to remind myself it's a speed limit not a speed minimum. Then I just relax. However going 30 in a 60 zone especially on the A5 when I just want to get to Wales is annoying :-)
Howardw1968 - on 22 May 2013
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:
>
> past their tests.
>

Your clearly past your best too ;)

I'll get on my bike
Neil Williams - on 22 May 2013
In reply to ivebittenoffmorethanicanstu:

The "40mph club" are more irritating, and the A5 seems to have more than its fair share of these, i.e. people who do 40mph at all times regardless of road conditions or speed limit.

These are particularly annoying if you overtake them in a NSL area then they drive 6" off your back bumper if you then comply with a 30mph limit later on.

Neil
Martin W on 22 May 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:
> (In reply to ivebittenoffmorethanicanstu)
>
> The "40mph club"

Otherwise known as FARTs: "Forty All the Ruddy Time".
ads.ukclimbing.com
Ramblin dave - on 22 May 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:
The cycling equivalent are presumably those people who cycle really slowly but ignore red lights, so that on a good stretch of urban road with plenty of pedestrian crossings you can end up overtaking the same person four or five times.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.