Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Dallas Texas (TD) on Pointe Lachenal (SE Face)

Brian Pollock - on 17 Jun 2013
I'm looking for some info on this rock route on the SE face of Pointe Lachenal. I recently climbed it up to the last pitch but had to bail due to problems with hauling bags caused by my going off route into some ground that was considerably harder than the grade suggested (6A+) and much harder than the first pitch which was graded 6B (soft).

After the 2nd anchor you reach a ledge and there is a slightly sketchy traverse right across to a bolt on the face. I had possibly gone wrong at this point as I suspect the bolt is a red herring since there is a more obvious groove on the left. However, I definitely went wrong when I continued to traverse right into an steep corner (overhanging at the top) requiring bridging and balancing with thin side-pulls to the top of the corner before heel hooking and rocking over back onto the face and easy ground.

Basically wondering if anyone has ever climbed this and could shed some light on what I actually climbed?
... not showing 2 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums