/ A lovely day on Howling Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
goatee - on 26 Jun 2013
Here is a like to my brief account of my day on Howling Ridge on Carrauntoohil. I don't know how many of you have done this but it is a fine route to the summit of a great mountain.
http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2013/06/howling-ridge-june-2013.html
Darren Jackson - on 27 Jun 2013
In reply to goatee:

Nice report.
In reply to goatee: One of the best routes of its kind I've done anywhere. I think it does deserve the grade for the crux bits on the Tower and the Finger, and for the overall length, position and commitment
goatee - on 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: Thanks Dan. I was trying to be as objective as I could while I was on the route. I have always soloed the route and never used rock shoes and I have never felt it to be anything but straightforward. Exhilarating certainly and never less than enjoyable but in comparison to lets say Amphitheater Buttress or Grooved Arret it doesn't seem to have the same difficulty. It is still a super day out though.
In reply to goatee: In one of my guidebooks I've put it in the graded table rather higher than Amphitheatre Buttress, but I agree with you actually. I think I was wrong and not sure why I did that now.
goatee - on 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: Yeah especially the slab on Amphitheater is I would reckon a more committing prospect. Both are great days out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.