/ Aldi on Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
999thAndy on 02 Jul 2013
Toby_W on 02 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: Absolute bargain. Also you'll wonder why you didn't buy one years ago, it's makes bike adjustment almost fun.
Toby
FrankBooth - on 02 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:
Like most Aldi bike stuff, I'd imagine it's very good value. That said, I bought one of these from Decathlon
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bike-work-station-specific-bike-tool-id_8034462.html

if there's a Decathlon near you, I'd definitely advise having a look and comparing the two.
it's 20 more, but very stable (I'm guessing because the supporting legs spread from the very base) and can deal with hold quite a heavy bike at an awkward/off-centre position
999thAndy on 06 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: bump
The Lemming - on 07 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:

Got to ALDI at 10-15hrs and there were only 4 bike stands left. By 11-00hrs they were all gone. I shall report back later with my thoughts on my shiny new purchase.
Graham Mck on 07 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: Got to my Aldi at 11.20 and got 2nd to last one - could see 6 folk ahead of me in queues buying the stand too. Used it already to adjust gears and pretty impressed with quality etc. for 30. Thanks for the tip as was about to buy one from Amazon at 65.

Also got a couple of wireless bike computers at 7 each and they seem to work really well. In fact they have more features than my more expensive Sigma one! Let's see how they last, although they do come with a 3 year warranty.
elsewhere on 07 Jul 2013
In reply to Graham Mck:
The Lidl leaflet in the newspaper today advertised bike work stands for later this week or next weekend.
The Lemming - on 07 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:

Now the tennis is over I got my bike stand out of the box. I have never seen one before, let alone use one in anger. For my 30 I was expecting some cheap tubular effort that would topple over in the wind.

I gave my stand the hardest challenge I could find for it by erecting it on the crazy stone paving at the bottom of my garden. There isn't a single stone that matches up with another in shape, angle or elevation. I have to say, no matter where I place the bike stand on such an uneven surface, it is 'rock steady' and stable.

I've mounted my Ridgeback bike and had a fiddle with it. last week, the bike was upside-down while I serviced it and until today I have not had time to test it out. I have to say that my bike is very stable and secure on the stand and I do not have any reservations what so ever that the bike will leave the stand, until I physically remove it.

In my furry little mind, this is 30 well invested.

Now to check out the 20 bike tool kit. ;-)
999thAndy on 07 Jul 2013
In reply to The Lemming:
I didn't get there quick enough. Arse
Andy27 - on 07 Jul 2013
Well worth the 30, thanks for the tip off. ~10 left in King's Lynn Aldi at 2.30 today.
Voltemands - on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: One left @ Redcar Aldi. Been trying to get hold of one of these before they sell out for ages, cheers!
Voltemands - on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Graham Mck: my basic 3 Aldi bike computer is 3.5 years old now, haven't even had to change the battery and I've done between 3000 and 6000 miles perr year.
BigBrother - on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: Looks like Lidl are selling similar ones soon for anyone still looking.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-D592A001-191A9401/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=sh...
The Lemming - on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to BigBrother:

Looking at the LIDL photos, it only has four legs however all the other parts look virtually like-for-like.
999thAndy on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to BigBrother:

Cheers bud. I actually found an Aldi with 2 left today, so I'm sorted.
In reply to 999thAndy:
> (In reply to BigBrother)
>
> Cheers bud. I actually found an Aldi with 2 left today, so I'm sorted.

It will be the best 30 you ever spend. I should know, being an impulse purchaser. :-)

In reply to 999thAndy:

I took a punt on the sun glasses with interchangeable lenses for 4-49.

I liked them so much that I went back and bought a second pair.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-specialbuys-23rd-june/sunday-specialbuys-23rd-june-prod...
John Lewis - on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: Was going to get one of these stands, only told the wife. Watching TDF on Saturday afternoon when neighbour who is emigrating, walked into the back garden offering me one of his, (he is a semi pro cyclist) :-) / win.
Kimono - on 08 Jul 2013
In reply to BigBrother:
nice heads-up there as i didnt realise quite how quickly the aldi ones would disappear!
quirky - on 12 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy: To anyone (like myself) too slow to pick an aldi workstand up, I went and picked up a Lidl one today. Very impressed for 30! I can now throw my padded scaffold pole in the bin! Loads left in Blackburn store too.
cragtyke - on 15 Jul 2013
In reply to quirky: Got one from the Barnsley LIDL today, about 8 left in store. Seems really nicely made, solid and well finished.
Blue Straggler - on 16 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:

Blimey I missed this thread but noted all the bike stuff in Aldi and quietly wondered why there weren't any stands this time round. My local didn't even have any trace of having had them! Might try a Lidl. For a mate....I don't do enough bike fettling to warrant my own stand
ads.ukclimbing.com
Blue Straggler - on 16 Jul 2013
In reply to 999thAndy:

LIDL in Coalville has about 7 left

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.