/ Trench Wall (Penmaen Head) tidy up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rockcat - on 07 Jul 2013
Trench Wall (around the corner from Penmaen Head) just off the A55 in North Wales, is an underused venue evidenced by the vegetation growth below the crag. That seems odd given the quality and involving nature of the climbing, nearly always on good rock and well bolted although the venue itself is less than pleasing. The character is different from Penmaen Head which it complements nicely and involves technical and balancy climbing. It also scores during a heatwave as the crag is north facing and out of the sun during the day.
The vegetation has now been cut back and access improved generally so its worth trying out. Recommended!
harold walmsley - on 07 Jul 2013
In reply to rockcat:
Thanks for that. In view of recent comments I was thinking of giving some of the less travelled routes a bit of a brush up as well. May do that next week if I find time. I will note this in logbook entries if I do.
michael burrows - on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to harold walmsley: thanks, any info on the new routes there?
Luke Owens - on 09 Jul 2013
In reply to rockcat:

Cheers Mike, I agree it's a good crag and well worth climbing on!
v1brownie - on 16 Jul 2013

went to Penmaen Head also cleared 6 green waste bags from there!! and still more to come out, obvious fly tip area. I have contacted Tidy Town's and we are going to have a few more hits on area, especially cutting greenwaste along the path and collecting mix wasted tipped there.

will let you know how we get on.

Cheers

harold walmsley - on 16 Jul 2013
In reply to michael burrows:
There are 4 new lines since Attila the Hen that I could see when I went down last week. At least 3 (those in sector Piss take) are by John Stringfellow and Dave Vose. I don't know about the other one, which is in Sector Aretes on the buttress L of Riot and Insurrection.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.