Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Ravenstones

Offwidth - on 15 Jul 2013
Many dry days, predicted high temps and a light NW breeeze seemed perfect for a slow drying north facing crag and yet only 7 climbers felt the same way?? ... I guess everyone must have all been on Kinder North, Wilderness etc? ;-) Not even a sniff of a midge.

Anyhow, for anyone with a hankering for lower grade fare, amongst a few other routes we climbed, partly cleaned and would recommend the following less travelled lines (with our view on grades): Little Kern Knotts (HS 4b*)... impressive climbing with good gear for the exciting mid-way grass cornice; Muddy Crack (HVD 4a*)... was a bit grassy but much cleaner now and some nice moves especilly on the upper corner; Mark 2 (S 4a**)... did the amazing left bypass for the first time: what a wonderful way to outwit a threatening offwidth crack (S 4b*); Mark 1 (S 4a*) the upper section of the chimney looks heinous on the outside but turns out to be a bundle of joy, nice short layback corner above to continue with the theme; The Derivatiive (S 3c**) a super route with very varied climbing and a bold slab finish at the top of the Severe grade; Vanishing Chimney (D 3a*)... looks nothing but climbs beautifully; Plinth Chimney (VD 3c*) and Saftey Plin (S 4a*)... a couple of nice chimney problems. Of course the other big classics up there are all in great nick and the other folk we saw were busy ticking clean classics in the VS to E1 range.

We wouldn't recommend: Slime Chimney (VD?) filthy and heavily sandbag graded at mod.

PS whoever is the moderator for this crag you need to update for the grades from Over the Moors... still not perfect but much better than those currently posted.
... not showing 92 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums