Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Road bike groupset options

kathrync - on 15 Jul 2013
I am just starting a new job and I'm taking the opportunity to replace my well-worn fast hybrid with a road bike.

I have a budget of about 800 and of the 5 or 6 bikes I've sat on/ridden in that price range, the Giant Avail was the one that made me walk away with a grin so I am pretty well sold on something from that range.

The question is, which one? My options are the Avail 3 with the Sora groupset, which would leave me some spare money for pedals etc, or the Avail 2 which is the same bike but with the Tiagra groupset which would eat my entire budget.

The question is, is the Tiagra worth the extra money? Will I notice the difference much? Or should I save the money for some accessories? I am riding mostly for commuting and weekend pleasure-rides with occasional light touring. I don't race and am not training for anything in particular.

Thoughts/opinions/advice welcomed!
... not showing 22 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums