/ Pembroke access this week?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Postmanpat on 16 Jul 2013

Would I be right in thinking that access to both range west and range east is off limits this week, and is this also true for the weekend?
GeoffRadcliffe - on 16 Jul 2013
Postmanpat on 16 Jul 2013
In reply to GeoffRadcliffe:

Thanks. I don't know the area well enough to be sure I understand those. I read them as probably closed weekdays during the day, probably open at the weekend , but could be open or closed at any time without warning. (And range west always banned unless you've done the briefing)
I wondered if anybody with more local experience had a different interpretation?
John2 - on 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Postmanpat: All areas will be open at the weekend, but you can only climb in Range West if you have attended a briefing (of which only three are held each year).

If the army stick to their published firing plan (they don't always) then Range East will be out of bounds until 4.30 or so every day.

Mowing Word, Mother Carey's Kitchen, all of the Lydstep and Penally crags and all of North Pembroke are accessible at any time without restriction.
Postmanpat on 17 Jul 2013
In reply to John2:
> (In reply to Postmanpat) All areas will be open at the weekend, but you can only climb in Range West if you have attended a briefing (of which only three are held each year).
>
> If the army stick to their published firing plan (they don't always) then Range East will be out of bounds until 4.30 or so every day.
>
> Mowing Word, Mother Carey's Kitchen, all of the Lydstep and Penally crags and all of North Pembroke are accessible at any time without restriction.

Many thanks. Very helpful. We'll go anyway!
ads.ukclimbing.com
Edd Reed - on 17 Jul 2013
In reply to Postmanpat: The range will be open on the weekend, only range east for non briefed climbers. The range is closed all week including evenings (in fact until the 2nd week in August), however Stackpole area is only subject to nesting restrictions so there is plenty to do there, when looking at the Lydstep area or North Pembs the tides become more of an issue so look out for those too

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.