/ Flytrap bird restriction, has it finished?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Adam Moroz - on 16 Aug 2013
As the title suggests, anyone know if the flytrap zawn ban has been extended or did it finish on 31st july like it should have?
In reply to Adam Moroz:
All seasonal climbing restrictions in Wales have been lifted now inc. this one.
Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
Jon Stewart - on 16 Aug 2013
In reply to Adam Moroz:

When I read the word 'Flytrap' I started shaking and sweating as the memories I've tried so hard to repress came leaking back into my consciousness.

Good luck!
Adam Moroz - on 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones BMC Cymru/Wales: nice 1 thanks for that.
Adam Moroz - on 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: ha ha mega, i'll let ya know how we get on.
Jon Stewart - on 17 Aug 2013
In reply to Adam Moroz:

If I don't see you posting back on here, I'll assume you're still in there.
Adam Moroz - on 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: So I led up the groove which was damp but not gopping, set off on the traverse, got to end of the easy bit, looked at the big wet streaks running down the hard bit and the top of the chockstone and ran away. Is the hard bit of the traverse and the chock usually wet? Also I couldnt find any decent gear after the start of the traverse,was I missing something?
Mr Wild - on 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Adam Moroz:
was I missing something?

Yep, Skills!
Adam Moroz - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Mr Wild: How rude! You didn't take much convincing to sack it off either.
Jon Stewart - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Adam Moroz:

When I did it it was piss wet, I assume it always is. The crux is nails (clearly 5c) and the peg that used to be there isn't. So the gear (decent cam) is miles away and the whole thing is absolutely terrifying. E2 5b my arse, it's by far the scariest route I've ever done.

Interested to hear that you "ran away". I thought, "f^ck I'm totally committed, here we go!". Did you reverse the whole thing then?
ads.ukclimbing.com
Adam Moroz - on 23 Aug 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: Yes I downclimbed from the middle of the traverse stripping the gear as I went, I hadnt commitd the harder second part of the traverse as I didnt fancy slipping off and taking the whipper, I very much doubt I will be returning...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.