Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Hilleberg Nallo 2 Leaking

rob514 - on 18 Aug 2013
I bought a Hilleburg Nallo 2 for a week of travelling around the lakes in June. All was good until the second night in which we experienced the usual lake's weather (sustained rainfall). Unfortunately the flysheet developed a leak from the top of the rear hoop (if that makes any sense) creating a drip every 30secs or so falling onto the area of the top triangle vent on the inner, which luckily we could zip up and keep us dry through the night.

My question is has anyone had any similar experiences? Is it likely to be a faulty fly maybe? I know these tents aren't taped sealed as they are double stitched but I thought they would be hold the water out better than this. Its only leaking from this one place after a sustained soaking. I spoke to the dealer and Scottish Mountain Gear they both suggested a smothering of seam grip on the leaky seam but after spending so much on a mountain tent I thought I wouldn't need to.

Cheers all.
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums