/ Jackets Patagonia or Arcteryx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Little Billy - on 19 Aug 2013
I know this has been batted around before but I cannot find an answer that really directs me.

I am looking to buy a new Jacket that will keep me dry (at least dyer than my existing one).

I am a climber, both summer and winter and high altitude mountaineer. I am sold with lots of the Arcteryx marketing but also like the Patagonia ethos
Any views?
Little Billy - on 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Little Billy:
Bump
highclimber - on 19 Aug 2013
In reply to Little Billy: you won't be dissapointed with either of these brands, I own items from both and have been very happy with them both in terms of durability and fit. My Patagonia Jacket (stretch element) is now leaking but I have used it exclusively for the past 5 years in various environments and apart from leaking in heavy rain, still has plenty of life as a winter jacket left in it. My Arcteryx jacket (not a waterproof) has been something a always wear too (covert hoody). I had the zip go on it but they replaced the entire jacket for free, no quibbles and so far it's as great as the old one.
radson - on 20 Aug 2013
ice.solo - on 20 Aug 2013

Have a look at westcomb.
Little Billy - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to ice.solo:
Thank you any good places to purchase the jackets?
ice.solo - on 20 Aug 2013

that i dont know. have a feeling they dont have much presence in the Uk (myself likewise).
very similar to arcteryx, bit more streamlined. very good quality. price to match.
Little Billy - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to ice.solo:
Cheers Buddy - I have found a store that has a sale on so will be looking tonight
mike123 - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Little Billy: Not sure about the others but why I generally stick to patagucci is the cast iron guarantee . All the top end alpine stuff can almost always be found on sale ( with patience ) use it constantly for several years and they will fix or replace even the smallest fault . over the years I ve had several things repaired and a couple replaced all without the slightest quibble . I think with the other brands you end up having to argue the toss or show receipts ( how many people know exactly when they bought an older jacket or can find the receipt ?) I bought our lass an M10 for fell running ( half price but still pricey) , felt flimsy as a tissue in the shop but light as flip, but have complete confidence if it's not up to the job they will replace it .
purplemonkeyelephant - on 20 Aug 2013

If you can afford Arcteryx, go for it. Quality, durable and immensely thought out products.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.