/ Travel insurance for domestic holidays

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Norris - on 20 Aug 2013
... Would you bother?

Our annual travel insurance, which includes covering climbing within its terms, runs out on the 10th september, however my wife and I are going to the lake district for a climbing and walking weekend on the 7th Sept.

Obviously if we were abroad it covers us for getting medical care and rescue and stuff, but would you recommend I renew it for this holiday in the lakes?

Thanks, Simon
ByEek - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to The Norris: Cheers for the reminder. Off to Zante with the family next month. Must book holiday insurance (without climbing included)
Howard J - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to The Norris: I've never bothered with insurance for domestic trips (abroad is another matter). You won't need it for climbing/walking as rescue and medical costs are free, so what do you expect it cover? If you have expenses such as hotel costs, car hire or rail tickets which you would lose if you had to cancel then it might be worthwhile, but check if there is any excess on the policy as this might make it not worth claiming.

Loss/theft of possessions would presumably be covered by your household insurance.
Neil Williams - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to The Norris:

Travel insurance often exempts domestic trips of less than several days anyway.

Neil
ads.ukclimbing.com
The Norris - on 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Howard J:

Ok thanks all, I think i'll leave it for now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.