/ Can you climb inTremadog in October/November?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mountain Spirit - on 14 Sep 2013
Hello.

I have read an article on here about Tremadog that says it is an all season crag.

Is this true?

Is it possible to climb on Tremadog in October and/or November?

Bye

Savvas
Doug on 14 Sep 2013
In reply to Mountain Spirit: Can't think of a month when I haven't climbed there - its more or less south facing, dries fast & if it does rain, the café isn't far away
GridNorth - on 14 Sep 2013
In reply to Mountain Spirit: It's possible to climb at many venues in October and November and beyond but Tremadog does tend to be drier, more reliable and temperate than most weather wise which is what I suspect you are getting at.
abseil on 14 Sep 2013
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Yes.
Gordon Stainforth - on 14 Sep 2013

Yes, did Poor Man's Peuterey on New Year's Eve once.
rusty8850 - on 14 Sep 2013
Climbed there week before Christmas in a t shirt. Think there's a route there that might have even been done at Christmas. .. name escapes me....
abseil on 14 Sep 2013
In reply to rusty8850:

>...Think there's a route there that might have even been done at Christmas. .. name escapes me....

The Plum?
Clint86 - on 14 Sep 2013
In reply to abseil: How popular is Tremadog these days?
Al Evans on 14 Sep 2013
> Hello.
>
> I have read an article on here about Tremadog that says it is an all season crag.
>
> Is this true?
>
> Is it possible to climb on Tremadog in October and/or November?

Over 50 first ascents have been done in Oct/Nov at Tremadog, and countless more in Dec/Jan/Feb/April, so I guess you might get up something in those months.
mr mills - on 15 Sep 2013

Bit like the grit really, cold, sunny winter days with great friction !
abseil on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to Clint86:
> (In reply to abseil) How popular is Tremadog these days?

Errrr pretty popular.

By the way I have heard of the famous climb 'New Year Curry'.

James B - on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to abseil:

You must be thinking of December Dhansak
abseil on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to James B:
> (In reply to abseil)
>
> You must be thinking of December Dhansak

Thanks very much, but no... was it Xmas Tikka Masala? It's on the tip of my tongue...
James B - on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to abseil:
Poor Man's Pasanda?
That's good at any time of year
Blue Straggler - on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to James B:
> (In reply to abseil)
>
> You must be thinking of December Dhansak

There's a right argy-bhaji starting about whether or not the route in question should be Balti'd
veteye - on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:
We used to have a tradition of rock climbing in Wales on the weekend before Christmas.I remember doing a route in Cwm Lloer with ice on all the holds(and my mate cursing me for persevering)and of finding a ropeman covered in snow on one route on Bochllwyd Buttress.(Not sure of spelling,sorry).
Rob
Gordon Stainforth - on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to veteye:
> (In reply to Gordon Stainforth)
> We used to have a tradition of rock climbing in Wales on the weekend before Christmas.I remember doing a route in Cwm Lloer with ice on all the holds(and my mate cursing me for persevering)and of finding a ropeman covered in snow on one route on Bochllwyd Buttress.(Not sure of spelling,sorry).
> Rob

Yes, I remember climbing North Buttress on the east face of Tryfan in December once with members of the Cardiff University club in driving sleet ... and singing all the way because I was enjoying it so much. OK, I was only 20 years old :)

Skyfall - on 15 Sep 2013

Yes, it's a real suntrap as it faces south and is low altitude. Well worth a visit at almost any time of the year but particularly the autumn or spring. The low to mid grade classics are superb and many dry very quickly.
Al Evans on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: I remember doing Dovedale Groove in the Lakes in November, all was fine in the groove till I pulled out onto the glacis/slab above the groove. It was covered in verglas, I had to take off my EB's and climb to the stance in socks, which actually stuck nicely to the ice :-)
veteye - on 15 Sep 2013
In reply to Al Evans:
Bet the socks didn't cost so much then either..
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.