Local Areas forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Edale Moor closed for Grouse shooting

Coop - on 15 Sep 2013
You won't find any mention of it on the Peak District National Park website, or on Natural Englands website but the Moor above Edale and bordering the Pennine Way is closed for grouse shooting on Fridays 6th Sept - 4th October.
The Public Rights of Way remain open (pretty much just the Pennine Way I think.

I can't remember all the details, and I can't find any further info to link too, but it would have been nice to know before I got there - thanks Mr National Park!!

I thought the mass trespass and the formation of the National Parks was to stop all this sort of nonsense?!

There is very little info on the ground about the closures and certainly no advance warning. It seems very easy for people to wander into the prohibited area without being aware. I believe a D of E group did this on 6th Sept because they set off from Edale before a sign was put up on the path. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen to me.

... not showing 52 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums