Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Eiger Climbing Video!

BALD EAGLE - on 15 Sep 2013
Morning all

Ever since reading Heinrich Harrer's inspiring and classic mountaineering book “The White Spider” many years ago, it has been an ambition of mine to climb the infamous Eiger in Grindelwald, Switzerland. However being a climber of rather modest abilities, the classic traverse ascending via the superbly exposed Mittellegi Ridge and descending by the South Ridge was the most realistic option for me! So with my 2 partners in crime, an attempt was made last month and the following is a short HD film of our 2 day adventure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwAy1T-BP4Q
So has anyone else climbed this superb route and have any tales of derring-do or an epic to share? Had a nightmare descending the tottering, loose South West flank? An encounter with a pushy guide? Or did your tour go like clockwork…
Anyway all constructive feedback or comments welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to climb this superb route and visit this amazing area! :-)

Cheers

Dave
... not showing 79 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums