/ Has anyone bought a bike through the NHS (Connected) scheme?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The New NickB - on 11 Oct 2013
My girlfriend is looking at this bike 2 work scheme, but they have not provided any information on the percentage of value that the disposal fee is. Trying to work out if it is actually good value.
cousin nick - on 14 Oct 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

My wife (NHS staff) bought a Brompton via Connected Benefits. Purchase cost was just over 600 (12x 50, monthly) plus a 98 disposal fee. This represents a considerable saving over retail c.930 for the same spec bike.

N
dj_brigham05 - on 15 Oct 2013
In reply to The New NickB: I got a Planet X on Cycle Scheme through NHS. 999.99 bike. 80 out of salary for 12 months. Offered 250 at this point or 60 to continue to rent for further 36 months.

Not sure if I think it was totally worth it given the hassle of all the paperwork etc etc. and doesn't seem to be that considerable a saving or even at all if I had opted for a buy out after a year.

Still a saving is a saving though!
ads.ukclimbing.com
TMM - on 15 Oct 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

If this is like other cycle to work schemes remember to factor in that the monthly payments are taken from your Gross rather than net salary. The tax saving is normally higher than the 'discount' especially if you're on higher rate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.