Bouldering forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - issues with boulder problems on ukc logbook

mattnuttall - on 12 Oct 2013
UKC relies on accurate entry of routes / problems by the climbing community... and bouldering is the fastest growing area in terms of quantity and accuracy of the crag entries is patchy... so if you are entering problems try and be as accurate as possible - go to find crag and list problems left to right and see if it might already be there... problem is that bouldering doesn't go 'left to right'! If UKC themselves read this post I wonder if it would be possible to have a picture of the boulder like a thumbnail with the names of boulders / sectors listed when you go to crag view (I realise this is NOT a topt and has no aspirations to be so)... For some crags currently you get a long list, often with a string of unnamed problems with no descriptions!
If you are adding / editing a problem please give a good short description (from your guide / own experience) etc... as for font or V grades? wish someone could just decide... some crags have both grades!

Just one good example of hard to decipher bouldering is Gorple:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1095

even with one of the two mentioned guides it isn't easy to work out what you have done... There must be a better way! Surely as a community we can make this better?
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums